National Institute of Fashion Technology -NIFT
NIFT 2019: Application Form, Apply Online, Eligibility
NIFT 2019: The?National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)?will conduct the NIFT 2019 entrance exam in order to provide admission to various UG and PG courses in the field of?design and fashion technology. The NIFT entrance exam involves a written test, situation test, Group Discussion & Personal Interview rounds.
Application form will be released in the 3rdweek of October 2018?tentatively on the official website. Candidate aspiring admission to National Institute of Fashion Technology can check all the necessary details about NIFT admission procedure from this article.
NIFT 2019 Important Dates
The exact schedule for NIFT 2019 admission will be updated on this page as soon as the institute releases the official notification. Here we are providing a tentative schedule on the basis of last year?s data.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online register||3rd?week of October 2018|
|Last date to register online||Last week of December 2018|
|Last date to register online with late fees of Rs. 5000/-||First week of January 2019|
|Availability of correction window||Last week of December 2018 to 1st?week of January 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||2nd?week of January 2019|
|Written Exam Date||3rd?week of January 2019|
|Result of written Exam||February/March 2019|
|Situation Test/GD/Interview||April ? May 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result||End of May 2019|
- For an undergraduate programme age of an applicant should not be more than 23 years as on 1st?October 2018.
- There is no age limit for PG programme?
For Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
- The candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board.
- Candidates having 3 or 4 years diploma recognized by state board of Technical Education or AICTE are also eligible.
- The applicants who have passed GCE or IB exam are also eligible.
For Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech)
- The applicant must have passed 10+2 exam with PCM from any recognized board.
- Candidates having 3 or 4 years diploma in engineering are also eligible.
- The applicants who have passed GCE or IB exam with PCM can also apply.
For Master of Design (M.Des) or Master of Fashion Management (M.F.M)
- The candidate must have a UG degree from any recognized institute or university.
- Candidates having UG diploma of minimum 3 years duration from NID/NIFT can also apply.
For Master of Fashion Technology (M.F.Tech)
- The candidates having B.F.Tech from NIFT will be eligible.
- Applicants having B.E / B.Tech from any recognized University/Institute will eligible for NIFT 2019 Master of Fashion Technology Admission.
- Application form along with the prospectus will be released on the official website of NIFT i.e. www.nift.ac.in.
- The candidates have to provide all the necessary educational and personal details in the application form such as Name, Date of Birth, and Mark in qualifying exam etc.
- After providing all the necessary details in the application form, the candidates have to submit the application fee either by an online method or by a Demand Draft.
- There will be no requirement to send the print out of filled application form to the institute in case of paying application fee online.
- The print out of application form needs to be sent to the institute in case of paying the application fee via Demand Draft.
The Application fee for different categories is given in the table below:
|General? and OBC (Non creamy layer) candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC, ST, PWD Candidates||Rs. 750 /-|
Written test is classified into two categories
- General Ability Test (GAT)
- Creative Ability Test (CAT)
For different course the candidates have to appear in GAT or in GAT and CAT both as given in the table below:
|Bachelor of Design||GAT, CAT both|
|Master of Design||GAT, CAT both|
|Master of Fashion Technology||GAT only|
|Master of Fashion Management||GAT only|
Website : nift.ac.in