ICSI offers Management Skills Orientation Program for students who have cleared the professional exam of company secretary course. The course is offered both through classroom and online i.e. e-MSOP. The online course is offered in collaboration with the Gurukul Online Learning Solutions (GOLS). Candidates who have completed professional level can apply if they fulfil the eligibility criteria for enrolling for the program.
Eligibility Criteria for MSOP
To apply for the MSOP the following criteria need to be fulfilled
- Candidate should have completed 15 months training.
- Candidate should have completed either 5 days of Training Orientation program or 8 days of Executive Development program.
- Candidate should have completed 25 hours of Academic Development program or 25 hours of Professional Development program.
Candidates who are exempted from attending any of the above mentioned programs too can apply. At the time of applying the candidates will need to submit proof of having passed the Professional exam. Also they will have to submit proof the exemptions received and letters of completing training programs. The duration of the program is 15 days.
Eligibility Criteria for e-MSOP
To apply for the e-MSOP program candidates need to fulfil either of the following criteria
- Candidate should have completed Company Secretary program atleast 5 years before applying for this course.
- Incase the candidate is settled abroad permanently then they can apply for the e-MSOP 2 years after completing the Company Secretary program
- Candidates who have completed the Company Secretary course at least 2 years before are eligible to apply if they have at least 15 years experience. These candidates should be currently practising as Chartered Accountants, Cost Accounts or Advocates.
- Candidates who have completed the Company Secretary course at least 4 years before are eligible to apply if they have at least 10 years experience. These candidates should be currently practising as Chartered Accountants, Cost Accounts or Advocates.
It is not necessary that the candidate on submitting the application form will be admitted to the course. The final decision is taken by the CEO or secretary of ICSI.
Requirement if selected for the e-MSOP
Internet connectivity is a must. Preferably it should be a broad band connection. Also a good quality head phone, speaker and web cam is a must.
Modalities of e-MSOP
- The duration of the course is 30 days
- Candidates can access the course materials on registering on the e-learning portal.
- Access will be provided to the VBT session as per the schedule. The session will be available 24*7.
Candidates will receive online Course Completion Certificate on completion of the entire program. The course fee is Rs. 5000/- for both MSOP and e-MSOP.