All India MCA Common Entrance Test (AIMCET) is a competitive entrance test conducted at national level. It is conducted to enroll most deserving candidates into university approved postgraduate level programme i.e. Master in Computer Application. The entrance test is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee. Final selection of the candidates is based on their performance in the entrance test. A merit list is prepared that consists of the short-listed candidates, who score qualifying marks in the entrance examination. Students, who are presently appearing for their final exam of Bachelor�s degree, can also apply to appear for the exam. Applicants must submit the duly filled forms with all the required documents. Application forms can be obtained from designated bank branches of Punjab National Bank. Students can also apply through online form, which is available on the official website of Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee.
The entrance exam is conducted for admission to the following courses:
A candidate applying for AIMCET for seeking admission to the university approved PG level course i.e. Master in Computer Application (MCA) must be fulfilling the following eligibility criteria:
- Candidates must have passed Bachelor�s degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least one year for annual system candidates/ at least two papers of Mathematics for semester system candidates.
- Candidates should produce proof of having passed the qualifying degree with the minimum educational qualification as specified by the admitting institute should be submitted by 30thSeptember 2011.
- Candidates must have secured at least 55% in qualifying exam.
- 5% relaxation is allowed for SC/ST candidates.
Mathematics Syllabus for AIMCET
- Algebra, Matrices, differential calculus, differential equations, numerical analysis, probability and linear programming
Computer Awareness Syllabus for AIMCET
- Elements of computers, Number systems, Basic electronic gates, Boolean algebra, Flip-Flops, Algorithmic approach to solve problems and Fundamentals of C language.
Analytical Ability Syllabus for AIMCET
- System thinking, organizational knowledge, problem identification, problem analyzing and solving
General Awareness Syllabus for AIMCET
- General knowledge, current affairs, social development, politics, economy, foreign relations, Social issues, business related topics etc.