AIMS Medical Entrance Exam 2013 - Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences is a Medical Institute based in Kerala. It conducts it's Medical Sciences Entrance Exam known as AIMS for admission into various Medical Courses offered by it. It is one of the common Medical Entrance Exam in India and is not to be confused with AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) which is also a Medical Institute. AIMS Medical Entrance is generally conducted between the month of March - July depending upon the Course as given below.
- M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. / B.A.M.S.
- B.Sc. (Nursing) / B.Pharm. / B.Sc.-MRT.
- M.Sc. (Nursing).
- M.D.� / M.S.
- D.M. / M.Ch.
- M.Sc. (Allied Health Sciences).
- M. Pharm.
AIMS Medical Entrance Exam Eligibility
MBBS & BDS : Minimum 17 years of age and maximum 23 years on or before 31st December 2013.
Qualifications & other Eligibilities:
- This Medical Entrance Exam requires a candidate to be Pass in 12th standard in the first attempt and with a minimum of marks 60% in English and 60% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together, from any State Higher Secondary Board or equivalent.
- NRI�s and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) who qualify from foreign universities will have to produce an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi.
- Those who appear for the qualifying examination in March / April can also apply.
AIMS Medical Entrance Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for the entrance test is based on the Physics, Chemistry and Biology of 10+2 examination level. The syllabus is approved by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham (University) and is in line with the directives of the Medical Council of India
AIMS Medical Entrance Exam Pattern
AIMS exam consists of 200 multiple chioce objective questions to be answerd in 3 Hrs. time. The questions� will consists of�
|Subject||No of Questions|
|English and General Knowledge||20|
AIMS Medical Entrance Exam Dates
AIMS exam is normally held in the month of May.
How to apply for AIMS Entrance Exam?
Aspiring candidates can have forms for AIMS Medical Exam� from Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences and also from the designated branches of 'The Dhanalakshmi Bank', 'Federal Bank' and 'South Indian Bank'. The form can also be obtained by post from the institute by sending a Demand Draft along with the request for form. Candidates can also download the form online through the website
AIMS Medical Entrance Exam fee
- Cost of Application Form: Rs.1,500
- From the Office by Speed post/Courier: Rs.1,570
- Download from the website(www.amrita.edu) and submit along with a DD for Rs.1,500
DD to be drawn in the name of AMRITA VISHWA VIDYAPEETHAM, PAYABLE AT KOCHI.
Application can be submitted ONLINE (Website www.amrita.edu)
AIMS Entrance Exam Contect Details
The Admission Coordinator
Office of Admissions
Amrita Health Sciences Campus
Kochi, Kerala - 682041.
Phone:0484-285 8036 / 8037 / 5651
Fax: 0484-280 2020 / 2051
AIMS Medical Entrance Exam Test Centres
The Entrance Test is conducted at a number of centres across the country. These are:
- New Delhi
- Amritapuri (Kollam)