BHU Medical Entrance Exam for M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. / B.A.M.S. / B.Pharm 2013 - Banaras Hindu University Pre Medical Test acronym as BHU PMT is conducted by Banaras Hindu University for it's Undergraduate Course as given below:
|Course||No of Seats|
Admission to M.B.B.S. course is done through an entrance test which has two stages
Only those who qualify in PMT Screening can appear for PMT Mains for M.B.B.S. course.� Admission to other courses like B.D.S., B.Pharm and B.A.M.S. is through only PMT Screening.
BHU Medical Entrance Exam Eligibility
- Candidate have� to pass 10+2 or its equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% marks in aggregate for general candidates and 40% for candidates belonging to lower caste like SC/ST/OBC.
- For M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. / B.A.M.S. � A minimum of 50% for General, OBC and respective PC candidate and 40% aggregate marks for SC/ST and respective PC candidates.
- For B.Pharm course a candidate should have secured at least 60% marks for general and OBC candidates and 55% for SC/ST candidates.
- Those who are appearing for class 12th exams can also sit in this exam.
- A candidate should be between 17-25 years of age when apperaing for the BHU M.B.B.S., B.D.S., B.A.M.S. & B.Pharm.
- Aspiring candidates should have completed 17 years but not crossed 25 years as on 31st December, 2013 (Candidates born after 1st January, 1995 and on or before 31st December, 1986 need not apply)
Note: Foreign nationals are not required to appear in the PMT examination for M.B.B.S./B.A.M.S. course. They may seek admission through the Ministry of external affairs, govt. of India, New Delhi, as per the rules laid down for the purpose.
Distribution of seats
General - 42
OBC - 23
SC - 13 & ST - 6
General - 19
OBC - 10
SC - 6 & ST - 3
General �- 36
OBC - 21
SC - 12 & ST - 6
Foreign National- 3
General - 17
OBC - 09
SC - 5 & ST - 2
Three percent seats are reserved for physically challenged (PC) candidates in all the categories of the above courses.
BHU Medical Entrance Exam Pattern
BHU entrance examination ofr MBBS/BDS/BAMS includes concept based question from the relevant subject studied at +2 level.
BHU Medical Entrance Exam Selection Process
For B.D.S. / B.A.M.S./ B.Pharm courses, candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit in the PMT screening only.
How� to apply for BHU Medical Entrance Exam� for M.B.B.S. / B.D.S. / B.A.M.S. / B.Pharm
Aspiring candidates can apply for the entrance on the application form that can be obtained on payment of Rs.1100 (Rs.700 for SC/ST candidates) from the following branches of Bank of Baroda
- BHU � SS Hospital branch.
- Ram Katora branch.
- Orderly bazaar branch.
- Parliament street branch.
- Nehru Place branch.
- Chowk Shakti nagar branch.
- College street branch.
- Charbagh branch.
- Main branch, ABIDS circle.
- DCM branch.
- South Ambarzari road.
- TT Nagar branch.
- Sri Krishnapuri.
- Shivaji road.
- Mount road.
Admission Forms of Banaras Hindu University-Pre Medical Test is available from the month of January and applicants can collect it from the campus office or they can download it online from its website. Candidates have to submit the dully filled application form on / or before the month of March.
Application Form can be obtained from the office of the Director (PMT-cell), Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu university, Varanasi-221005 by sending a written request through registered post along with crossed demand draft/bankers cheque (MICR only) of Rs. 1200/- (Rs. 800/- for SC/ST candidates) of a nationalized bank, drawn in favour of �The Director, Institute of Medical Sciences, BHU� payable at Varanasi. Application form will be sent by speed/registered post.
The Institute is not be responsible for any loss or postal delay.
The request for application form must include the name and address of the candidate, and full particulars of the enclosed DD/BC (write candidate�s name and address on the back of demand draft).
Two self-addressed, preferably typed, white paper slips of 10 cm x 6 cm size must also accompany it.
The envelop containing requisition for PMT application form should be super scribed �Request for application for PMT-2013, BHU�.
BHU Medical Entrance Exam Dates
- BHU Medical Entrance Exam Screening - It is generally held during 2nd week of May.
- BHU Medical Entrance Exam Mains - It is generally held during 2nd week of June.
Note : The above mentioned dates are provisional and subject to change.
BHU Medical Entrance Exam Test Centres