AIIMS Entrance Exam 2013 - All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam acronym as AIIMS Entrance Exam is taken on National level by the candidates of Medical stream in +2 for getting admission in one of the best medical colleges in the world. i.e. AIIMS situated in Delhi as well as SIX AIIMS LIKES institutes situated at various places in india.� It is one of the most prestigious Medical Entrance Exam in India.
AIIMS Entrance Exam Eligibility
Candidates who have passed 12th class examination under 10+2 system or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English securing a minimum of 60% marks (50% in case of Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Orthopedic Physically Handicapped candidates) in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English or whose results of Class � XII are likely to be declared are eligible to apply.
Other Eligibility Conditions:
Aspiring candidate should have completed the age of 17 years at the time of admission or who will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S..
The upper age limit for AIIMS examination is 25 years (30 yrs in case of Scheduled Castes/Schedule Tribes/Other Backward Classes)as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination.
AIIMS Entrance Exam Syllabus
- Unit : 1 Introduction and Measurement.
- Unit : 2 Description of Motion in One Dimension.
- Unit : 3 Description of Motion in Two and Three Dimensions.
- Unit : 4 Laws of Motion.
- Unit : 5 Work, Energy and Power.
- Unit : 6 Rotational Motion.
- Unit : 7 Gravitation.
- Unit : 8 Heat and Thermodynamics.
- Unit : 9 Oscillations.
- Unit : 10 Waves.
- Unit : 11 Electrostatics.
- Unit : 12 Current Electricity.
- Unit : 13 Thermal and Chemical Effects of Currents.
- Unit : 14 Magnetic Effect of Currents.
- Unit : 15 Magnetism.
- Unit : 16 Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents.
- Unit : 17 Electromagnetic Waves (Qualitative Treatment).
- Unit : 18 Ray Optics and Optical Instruments.
- Unit : 19 Electrons and Photons.
- Unit : 20 Atoms, Molecules and Nuclei.
- Unit : 21 Solids and Semiconductor Devices.
Crystal structure-Unit cell; single, poly and liquid crystal (concepts only).
- Unit : 1 Some basic concepts in Chemistry.
- Unit : 2 States of matter.
- Unit : 3 Atomic structure.
- Unit : 4 Classification of elements and periodicity in properties.
- Unit : 5 Chemical energetic.
- Unit : 6 Chemical bonding.
- Unit : 7 Equilibrium�Equilibrium in physical and chemical processes�Ionic equilibrium.
- Unit : 8 Redox reactions.
- Unit : 9 Solid state Chemistry.
- Unit : 10 Chemical thermodynamics.
- Unit : 11 Solutions.
- Unit : 12 Chemical kinetics.
- Unit : 13 Electrochemistry.
- Unit : 14 Surface chemistry.
- Unit : 15 Hydrogen.
- Unit : 16 s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth metals).
- Unit : 17 General principles and processes of isolation of elements.
- Unit : 18 p-Block Elements.
- Unit : 19 The d-and f-Block elements.
- Unit : 20 Coordination compounds.
- Unit : 21 Some basic principles of Organic Chemistry.
- Unit : 22 Hydrocarbons.
- Unit : 23 Purification and characterization of carbon compounds.
- Unit : 24 Organic compounds with functional groups containing halogens (X).
- Unit : 25 Organic compounds with functional groups containing oxygen.
- Unit : 26 Organic Compounds with functional group containing nitrogen.
- Unit : 27 Polymers.
- Unit : 28 Environmental Chemistry.
- Unit : 29 Biomolecules.
- Unit : 30 Chemistry in everyday life.
BIOLOGY (BOTANY & ZOOLOGY)
- Unit : 1 Diversity in Living World.
- Unit : 2 Cell : The Unit of Life;� Structure and Function.
- Unit : 3 Genetics and Evolution.
- Unit : 4� Structure and Function � Plants.
- Unit : 5� Structure and Function - Animals.
- Unit : 6 Reproduction, Growth and Movement� in Plants.
- Unit : 7 Reproduction and Development in Humans.
- Unit : 8 Ecology and Environment.
- Unit : 9 Biology and Human Welfare.
- Unit : 10 Biotechnology and its Applications.
AIIMS Entrance Exam Pattern
|S.No||Subject||No of Questions||Marks|
There is negative marking for every incorrect answers.
AIIMS Entrance Exam Dates
Medical Entrance Exam Dates is not fixed as it is usually conducted on first Sunday of the June of every year.
How to apply for AIIMS Entrance Exam
Aspiring candidates can submit application On-Line� only through Internet.
A candidate can submit application only Online through Internet only. Visit www.aiimsexams.org, read the Prospectus, Help Manual and other details carefully and follow the instructions given therein. The candidate can pay the application fee through a Challan Form (to be downloaded from internet while applying on-line) in any branch of State Bank of India. Transaction / Processing Fee as applicable will be payable to the Bank by the candidates.
- Those applying on the last date of closing and are unable to deposit the fee on the same day must deposit fee in the designated Bank latest by two following working days failing which their candidature will not be considered and no query / correspondence in this regard will be entertained.
- The application for the above Entrance Examination will be considered only after confirmation of payment of fee from the concerned Branch of designated Bank to the Account holding Branch of AIIMS.
- Incomplete applications not supported by challan payment before the prescribed date shall be rejected and no claim shall be entertained.
AIIMS Entrance Exam Fee
AIIMS Entrance Exam Fee is Rs.1000 (Rs.800 in case of SC/ST candidates).
AIIMS Entrance Exam Contect Details
All India Institute of Medical Science
Ansari Nagar, New Delhi
Pin code -110 608, India.
Telephone Number: 91 � 11 � 26588500, 26588700, 26589900
Fax: 91 � 11 � 26588663, 26588641
Website URL: http://www.aiims.ac.in/
AIIMS Entrance Exam Test Centres
Bangaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar