Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET) is an independent body, established by Ministry Of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) and affiliated by the Govt. of India. This institute is very popular and offers an entirely unique model of education in dissimilar streams of engineering and technological branches. SLIET is a national level entrance test conducted for admission into the following Certificate, Degree, Diploma and Post Graduate courses recognized by AICTE, New Delhi. The Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses are affiliated to Punjab Technical University (PTU), Jalandhar and Ph.D. Education also been started in partnership with PTU and other nearest Universities. If any candidate wants to take admission in Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology then student need to clear the National level SLIET Entrance Test (SET).
SET Entrance test is organized in national level. The SLIET Entrance Test (SET) is conducted for admissions to certificate, diploma, degree and the PG programme are known as SLIET Entrance Test-I (SET-I), SLIET Entrance Test-II (SET-II), SLIET Entrance Test-III (SET-III) and SLIET Entrance Test-VI (SET-VI), respectively. SET Entrance test is frequently conducted in the month of June every year.
Application Forms for SLIET
Candidates can get the SET Entrance test application form along with brochures and syllabus related information on various courses from the affiliated institutes by paying amount. Candidates have to take a Demand Draft from listed banks in favour of the Director, SLIET along with completed application form, examination fee and required documents which are mention in brochure before the last scheduled date of the submission. �For more information about the application procedure candidates are requested to visit the website: http://www.sliet.ac.in/
Eligibility Criteria for SLIET Exam
- Those candidates who are willing to take admission into the certificate offered by the authorized institutes have cleared the SSC, matriculation examination from a State Secondary Education Board/CBSE/ISCE or equivalent.
- Those candidates who are willing to take admission into the diploma programmes offered by the authorized institutes have cleared 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects from a recognized Board/University or equivalent.
- Those candidates who are willing to take admission into the B. Tech degree programmes offered by the authorized institutes have to hold the either diploma from SLIET or from other Polytechnics affiliated with any State Board of Technical Education.
- Those candidates who are willing to take admission into the PG Courses like M. Tech/MBA programmes, have minimum eligibility is a B.E / B.Tech form the recognized or equivalent institutes.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET), Punjab offers modular pattern of education in different streams of Engineering and Technology and below are the list of course offered:
1. Certificate Programmes:
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (CAC)
- Auto and Farm Machinery (CAF)
- Computer Applications
- Foundry & Forging (CFF)
- Maintenance of Television (CTV)
- Maintenance of Electrical Equipments(CMEE)
- Paper and Printing Technology
- Servicing and Maintenance of Electronics Instruments (CSME)
- Servicing and Maintenance of Medical Instruments (CSMM)
- Tool and Die Technology(CTD)
- Welding Technology (CWG)
2. Diploma Programmes:
- Chemical Technology (DCT)
- Computer Science & Application (DCA)
- Computer Science & Engineering (DCE)
- Food Technology (DFP)
- Foundry Technology
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (DEC)
- Instrumentation Engineering (DIN)
- Industrial & Production Engineering (DIP)
- Maintenance & Plant Engineering (DMP)
- Welding Technology
3. Degree Programmes:
- Chemical Technology
- Food Technology (GFT)
- Computer Science & Engineering (GCS)
- Information Technology (GIT)
- Electronics & Communication Engineering (GEC)
- Instrumentation Engineering (GIN)
- Mechanical Engineering
4. Post Graduate Programmes:
- M. Tech. in Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- M. Tech. in Food Engineering & Technology
- M. Tech. in Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- M. Tech. in Polymer Technology�
Pattern of SLIET Entrance Test:
- SLIET Entrance exam is consisting of two parts and each of two hours duration.
- In first paper consists of comprises Paper-I, which includes English, General Knowledge, Mental Aptitude, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- In Second paper consists of Basics of Engineering.
- All questions are multiple choice types
- Each paper consists of 100 questions, one mark each.
- There is no negative mark for wrong answers.
- Question papers are available in English, Hindi and Punjabi languages.
Syllabus for SLIET Entrance Test:
Paper-I: English, General Knowledge and Mental Aptitude
- General Science
- Current events of National and International importance
- History of India
- Indian Politics and Economy
- Indian National Movement and also General Mental ability
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, Calculus
- Chemistry: Atoms, molecules and chemical arithmetic, Chemical families- periodic properties, Atomic structure, bonding and molecular structure.
- Physics: Description of motion, Moment of inertia, Kinetic theory of gasses, Electromagnetic waves, atomic and nuclear physics.
Paper - II: Basics of engineering
- Computer science and engineering/information technology
- Electronics and communication engineering
- Electrical and instrumentation engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Food technology
Selection Process for SLIET Entrance Test:
- Selection process for candidate admission is entirely on the basis of the scores or merit determined in the SLIET Entrance Test
- Those candidates who clear the entrance test will receive a call letter for counselling.
SLIET Entrance Test (SET) is independently organized by the Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology (SLIET), Punjab, which was established by the Government of India.
- SLIET Entrance Test is conducted for admissions in various levels of degree programmes of the institute.
Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology
Sangrur - 148 106