VITEEE 2013 Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination commonly known as VIT EEE is conducted by the Institute for admission to first year of below given various disciplines of Engineering (B. Tech) running in �the institute.
B.E Programs available in the institute
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical & Energy Engineering
B.Tech programmes offered at proposed Chennai campus:
- Civil engineering
- Computer science and engineering
- Electronics and communication engineering
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Mechanical engineering
Candidate should be more than 21 years at the time of applying for Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (Ex. Candidates born on or after 1st July 1991 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2013) entrance
A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics or biology (PCM/PCB)
A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics or biology (PCM/PCB) for candidates belonging to SC/ST, students hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and from the North eastern states of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh
Note: Physics, chemistry and mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all the programmes
Physics, chemistry and Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech Bioinformatics, Bio-medical engineering and Biotechnology programmes
Important: Candidates appearing for the 10+2 examination in March/April of respective year are also eligible to apply. However they should have studied in regular, full-time, formal stream in the school
VITEEE question paper contains 4 parts�
Candidates who have applied for engineering courses are required to attempt Part I, II & III and
- Those who have opted for bio-medical courses are required to�attempt PART I, II & IV.
- And, candidates who have PCMB in their +2 can attempt Part I, II, III or Part I, II, IV as per their choice.
- Each part contains 40 objective questions and carries one mark each.
- Questions are based on State Board of Higher Secondary school and CBSE syllabi only.
- No negative marking.
Note: Candidates are allowed only to attempt three papers out of four. And, if in any case candidate attempts all the four parts, evaluation will be of first three parts.
The VMU-EEE entrance exam consists of questions from basic syllabus of Higher Secondary Exam.
VITEEE Exam Dates
This exam is normally held in the month of April of every year. ��������
How to apply for VITEEE Exam?
Aspirants have to obtain application form against cash payment of Rs.950 from the various post offices or in person from the VIT University at Vellore or by sending a demand draft of Rs.950 drawn in favour of "VIT University" payable at Vellore to the following addresses
Chennai City Office
New No. 6, (Old No. W-73)
Second Street (Opposite Towers Club)
Anna Nagar, Chennai � 600 040
Phone: 044-42016555, 65480555, Fax: 044-26222555,
The brochure and application form will be mailed normally in the third week of �December.
Imp: Candidates can also apply online at www.vit.ac.in/admission by paying a concessional fee of Rs.900 only.
Phone +91 -416-22- 2125/2157/2168/2247
Fax +91 416-224 5544, 224 5766, 224 9955
Chennai - 600 048
Phone +91-44-3993 1555, 3993 1008
VITEEE Test Centres
Vellore Institute of Technology Entrance Exam is conducted at following centers:
Centers situated in India
- Agartala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Aligarh, Allahabad, Anantapur, Asansol, Aurangabad (Maharashtra),
- Bangalore, Bareilly, Berhampur, Bhagalpur, Bhathinda, Bhilai, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Bikaner,� Bilaspur, Bokaro,
- Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore,
- Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur,
- Gangtok, Goa, Gorakhpur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior,
- Hissar, Hubli, Hyderabad,
- Indore, Itanagar,
- Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur,
- Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Kota, Kozhikode, Kurukshetra,
- Lucknow, Ludhiana,
- Madurai, Mahabubnagar, Mangalore, Moradabad, Mumbai, Muzzafarpur,
- Nagpur, Nashik, Nellore, Nizamabad, Noida,
- Pant nagar, Patna, Port Blair, Pudhucherry, Puna,
- Raebareli, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Rajkkot, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela,
- Salem, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar, Siliguri, Surat,
- Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati,
- Udaipur, Ujjain,
- Vadodara, Varanasi, Vellore, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam,
Note: NRI students can apply online at www.vit.ac.in