Linux Administration: Red Hat RHCE certification
The RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System
Administrator) and RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) certifications are for
entry level IT professionals, who want to show their skills in
Linux administration and server technologies.
Complete RHCE = RHCSA + RHCE certification training
RHCE training covers: RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator) and
RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer) exams.
- What is Red Hat Enterprise Linux?
- Understanding Linux Virtualization: KVM
- Installation of Linux OS
- Understanding Booting, Login & GNOME desktop
- Managing using graphical tools (System-Config tools)
- Basic Unix commands - Files and directory handling
- Users and groups management
- Setting security permissions
- File system management: partitioning, formatting and mounting
- Logical volume management(LVM)
- Configure network connectivity
- Software management : RPM and YUM
- Updating Kernel and managing GRUB bootloader
- Configure Printer & CUPS Server
- Scheduling jobs in Linux using: Cron and AT
- Managing services - daemons
- Configuring file server: NFS
- Configuring FTP server: vsFTP
- Configuring CIFS/Samba (SMB) server
- Configuring webserver: Apache HTTP
- Configuring Email server: Postfix, IMAP and POP3
- Security using Firewall
- Security using SELinux
- Introduction to Bash scripting and tools
- Monitor system resources and logs
- Linux Troubleshooting: Boot, GRUB and Filesystem problems
- Only Red Hat and Red Hat Certified Training Partners administer the
- To get RHCE certificate, you need to complete
2 lab based (hands-on) exams = RHCSA (EX200) + RHCE
- The RHCSA exam is 2.5 hours
and the RHCE exam is 2 hours long.
- Outside materials or Internet access are not permitted. Installed
documentation can be used during the exam.
- Result or score report will be emailed within 3 business days to the
candidate exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central.