B.A. Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts Degree or B.A. Degree is an Undergraduate
Academic Degree awarded for a course or program usually in a branch of the
Liberal Arts, the Sciences, or both. The Bachelor of Arts degree is one of the
oldest and best-known Degrees in the world. It is popularly known as B.A. which
is an abbreviated form of the Art Degree. A Degree holder in Arts is simply
known as Bachelor of Art / Arts. Bachelor of Arts degree programs generally last
3 to 4 years depending upon the country. In India, the duration of Bachelor of
Art Degree spans over a period of 3 years. A person seeking the Arts Degree
needs to study 5 subjects. There are number of combinations of subjects one can
opt for depending upon the availability of choices in various Institutes. Arts
students have the option to choose to major and minor in English, French, any
other linguistics course, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, History, Religious
Studies and many more subject areas. The course covers all the related topics
for the field and gives rigorous training to the students. The students go
through a well defined study program for their all round development. It is
generally considered the most easiest stream according to the larger populace
and generally looked down upon as compared to Science and Engineering Streams.
The reason behind this is that a person who graduates in Arts, holds a degree in
a general non-scientific subject area. But Art Degree's worth can be gauged from
the fact that it offers more avenues of employment opportunities than any other
stream. This is primarily because students seeking Engineering and Science are
limited to their respective fields whereas students pursuing Arts are not
limited to their specific fields, their scope of specialisation is vast. With
respect to the previous academic background and the personal choice and ability
of the student towards a specific program, there exists an appropriate program
for almost each and every candidate opting for this degree. Though it is a full
time degree course but it can also be pursued via Distance Learning.
Eligibility for B.A. Degree
Students passing successfully out of their H.S.C. examinations (10 + 2) from
a recognised Education Board with Science, Arts or Commerce stream can opt for
Bachelor of Arts.
Bachelor of Arts Subjects
There is a vast range of subjects in which Bachelor of Arts Degree can be
pursued. All Arts subjects share the common element of people. Why do humans do
the things that they do? A Bachelor of Arts investigates these question across
history, different social and geographic contexts, through literature, theatre,
- Library Science.
- Political Science.
- Public Administration.
Syllabus of B.A. Degree
Bachelor of Arts Degree Programs are provided by various Institutes, Colleges
and Universities. The Syllabus of these programs varies from Institution to
Who can and Who should pursue
Bachelor of Arts Degree
Though it would be easy to say that anyone can pursue a Bachelor of Arts
Degree but it wouldn't be easy to say how much one excels in the Art Degree
Course. It's one thing to complete a Course and another thing to excel in it.
Engineering and Science Degrees are the most popular and the most pursued.
Parents often want their children to be Doctors or Engineers without realising
the potential their children hold. Moreover, the amount of work and effort that
goes into acquiring a College or University Degree is not even imaginable to a
high school student until one finds him or herself in the College / University
setting. It is important to know one's strengths and weaknesses. Some people are
just not made for Science or Maths. Art Degree is not just any Degree. The
amount of work and effort required for Bachelor of Arts Degree is almost
equivalent. While science students often spend time in the laboratory or in the
classroom, Arts students spend the equivalent amount of time attending lectures
or working in the library or outside of school. One needs to know his / her
strengths and weaknesses and act accordingly. It would be a waste of time and
effort in pursuing that aim for which one doesn't put a whole heart. If you are
a person who excels at language courses, mathematics, critical thinking, art or
music then Arts Degree is meant for you. If one is not sure one can seek
guidance from councillors or teachers at the high school level to make sure you
are taking the appropriate course load to keep your options open or heading
towards the right path in any degree or certificate you wish to achieve in the
Advantages or Benefits of Bachelor
of Arts Degree
- The Bachelor of Arts is a flexible degree that allows students to match
their academic interests with their career goals to create the ideal course.
- Arts provides a set of general, portable and lasting skills vital to any
career, such as the ability to research an issue, present an argument,
analyse information, communicate clearly and relate well to people.
- There are no compulsory units. Students choose from a wide selection of
- Arts graduates are not as restricted in what they can undertake relative
to those with highly specialised degrees. The employability of Arts
graduates is a reflection of the skills they acquire during their study and
this fact is becoming widely acknowledged.
- It develops communication, research and analytical skills. For example
the ability to analyse tasks, set priorities, and communicate goals to
- It offers a wide range of postgraduate options and career opportunities.
Bachelor of Arts Jobs
Individuals can pursue a career in different fields after successful
completion of their Bachelor of Arts degree. They can become an Economist,
Historian, Archaeologist, Educationalist, Philosopher, Political scientist,
Personnel manager, Social activist, Public Relation Executive, Psychologist,
Sociologist, Philosopher, Journalist etc.
- Business Houses.
- Educational Institutes.
- Fire Department.
- Economic Development.
- Export Companies.
- Foreign Affairs.
- Field Research Firms.
- Financial Organizations.
- Industrial Houses.
- Law Firms.
- Lobbying Firms.
- Marketing Research Firms.
- Municipal Planning.
- Multinational Companies.
- News Media.
- Public Works.
- Publishing Firms.
- Political Organizations.
- Administrative Officer.
- Business Administrator.
- Business Consultants.
- Business Management Researcher.
- Business Management Professor.
- Finance Managers.
- Human Resource Managers.
- Information Systems Managers.
- Management Analyst
- Management Accountants.
- Marketing Managers.
- Labour Management Relations Specialist.
- Social Worker.
- Personnel Management Specialist.
- Policy Analyst.
- Political Commentator.
- Political Correspondent.
- Production Managers.
- Public Affairs Research Analyst.
- Public Opinion Analyst.
- Research and Development Managers.
- B.A. (Acting)
- B.A. (Advertising and Brand Management)
- B.A. (Afzal-Ul-Ulama)
- B.A. (Agro Services)
- B.A. (Alankar - Dharam Darshan Sanskriti)
- B.A. (Alankar - Jyotish Karamkand)
- B.A. (Alankar - Veda)
- B.A. (Ancient History)
- B.A. (Animation & Computer Graphics)
- B.A. (Animation and Graphic Design)
- B.A. (Anthropology)
- B.A. (Arabic)
- B.A. (Assamese)B.A. (Bengali)
- B.A. (Bharathnatyam)
- B.A. (Childhood Studies)
- B.A. (Chinese Language Course)
- B.A. (Cinema and Photography)
- B.A. (Cinematography)B.A. (Communication and Design)
- B.A. (Communicative English with Journalism)
- B.A. (Communicative English)
- B.A. (Comparative Literature)
- B.A. (Comparative Religion)
- B.A. (Computer Applications & Informatics)
- B.A. (Computer Applications)
- B.A. (Computer Science)
- B.A. (Convergent Journalism)
- B.A. (Corporate Economics)
- B.A. (Dance)B.A. (Defence & Strategic Studies)
- B.A. (Developmental Economics)
- B.A. (Digital Film Making & Animation)
- B.A. (Digital Film Making and Recording Arts)
- B.A. (Digital Media)
- B.A. (Drama)
- B.A. (Drawing and Painting)
- B.A. (Economics with Transport Studies)
- B.A. (Economics)
- B.A. (Education)
- B.A. (English Literature and Theatre Studies)
- B.A. (English Literature)B.A. (English with Journalism)
- B.A. (English)B.A. (Ethnomusicology)
- B.A. (Fashion Business Management)
- B.A. (Fashion Design & Technology)
- B.A. (Fashion Designing)
- B.A. (Fashion Marketing and Promotion)
- B.A. (Fashion Technology)
- B.A. (Film making and Television Production)
- B.A. (Fine Arts)
- B.A. (Foreign Trade and Practice)
- B.A. (Foreign Trade Management)
- B.A. (French)
- B.A. (Functional English)
- B.A. (Functional Hindi)
- B.A. (Gandhian Social Work)
- B.A. (Garment Production & Export Management)
- B.A. (Geography)
- B.A. (German)
- B.A. (Gujarati Literature)
- B.A. (Gujarati)
- B.A. (Hindi Literature)
- B.A. (Hindi)
- B.A. (History of Fine Arts)
- B.A. (History)
- B.A. (Home Management)
- B.A. (Home Science)
- B.A. (Hons) (Classical (Vocal) Music)
- B.A. (Hons) (Drama)
- B.A. (Hons) (History)
- B.A. (Hons) (Instrumental Music)
- B.A. (Hons) (Mass Communication and Journalism)
- B.A. (Hons) (Mass Media Hindi)
- B.A. (Hons) (Philosophy)
- B.A. (Hons) (Rabindra Sangeet)
- B.A. (Hons) (Vedic Astrology)
- B.A. (Hons) Russian
- B.A. (Hons.) (Applied Psychology)
- B.A. (Hons.) (Bengali)
- B.A. (Hons.) (Business Economics)
- B.A. (Hons.) (Culinary Arts)
- B.A. (Hons.) (Economics)
- B.A. (Hons.) (Education)
- B.A. (Hons.) (English Literature)
- B.A. (Hons.) (English)B.A. (Hons.) (Event Management)B.A. (Hons.) (Fashion Brand Management)B.A. (Hons.) (Fine Arts)B.A. (Hons.) (French)B.A. (Hons.) (Geography)B.A. (Hons.) (German)B.A. (Hons.) (Hospitality Management)B.A. (Hons.) (Hotel Management)B.A. (Hons.) (Islamic Studies)B.A. (Hons.) (Linguistics)B.A. (Hons.) (Santali)B.A. (Hons.) (Travel and Tourism)B.A. (Hons.) HumanitiesB.A. (Hospitality Management)B.A. (Hospitality Tourism)B.A. (Hotel Management)B.A. (Human Resource Management)B.A. (Human Rights Education)B.A. (Human Rights)B.A. (Interior Architecture and Design)B.A. (Interior Design)B.A. (International Hospitality Administration)B.A. (International Hotel and Tourism Administration)B.A. (International Relations)B.A. (Islamic History)B.A. (Islamic Studies)B.A. (Japanese)B.A. (Jewellery Design and Technology)B.A. (Journalism and Communication Studies)B.A. (Journalism and Mass Communication)B.A. (Journalism)B.A. (Journalism, Psychology and English)B.A. (Jyothisha)B.A. (Kannada)B.A. (Khasi)B.A. (Konkani)B.A. (Lalit Kala)B.A. (Maithili)B.A. (Malayalam with Journalism)B.A. (Malayalam)B.A. (Management & Marketing of Insurance)B.A. (Management of Tourism Business)B.A. (Management)B.A. (Manipuri)B.A. (Marathi Literature)B.A. (Marathi)B.A. (Marketing Management & Retail Business)B.A. (Mass Communication and Video Production)B.A. (Mass Communication)B.A. (Materials Management)B.A. (Mathematics)B.A. (Media and Communication)B.A. (Media Technologies)B.A. (Military Studies)B.A. (Multimedia)B.A. (Museology)B.A. (Music Vocal)B.A. (Musicology)B.A. (Nepali)B.A. (Office Administration & Secretarial Practice)B.A. (Office Management)B.A. (Oriental Culture)B.A. (Oriya)B.A. (Pali)B.A. (Persian)B.A. (Philosophy)B.A. (Physical Education)B.A. (Political Science)B.A. (Politics)B.A. (Psychology)B.A. (Public Administration)B.A. (Public Relations)B.A. (Punjabi Literature)B.A. (Punjabi)B.A. (Rabindra Sangeet)B.A. (Rural Development)B.A. (Rural Industry)B.A. (Russian)B.A. (Sahitya)B.A. (Sanskrit Literature)B.A. (Sanskrit)B.A. (Santali)B.A. (Shastri)B.A. (Small & Medium Enterprises)B.A. (Social Science)B.A. (Sociology)B.A. (Spanish)B.A. (Statistics)B.A. (Tamil Literature)B.A. (Tamil)B.A. (Telugu)B.A. (Textile Design)B.A. (Tourism and Hotel Management)B.A. (Tourism Studies)B.A. (Travel and Tourism Management)B.A. (Travel and Tourism)B.A. (Urdu Literature)B.A. (Urdu)B.A. (Vedanta)B.A. (Visual Arts)B.A. (Vocational Studies)B.A. (Vyakarana)B.A. (Women's Studies)B.A. (Yoga and Naturopathy)B.A. (Yoga)B.A. (Yogashastra)