- Effect of Current
Effect of Current
- An electric charge in motion in free space products both electric and
magnetic field, whereas a static electric charges produces only electric
- If a particles enters a magnetic field normally to the magnetic field,
then its starts moving in a circular orbit. The point at which it enters the
magnetic field lies on the circumference.
- A solenoid carrying current behaves as a bar magnet and the magnetic field
inside the solenoid carrying current is uniform but the magnetic field just
outside the solenoid on its curved face is zero.
- A generator converts mechanical energy into electrical energy. It works on
the basis of electro magnetic induction.
- In metals charge carriers are only free electrons.
- In liquids charge carriers are positive and negative ions.
- In gases charge carriers are positive ions and electrons.
- If a wire of resistance R is cut into n equal parts then the
resistance of each part is R/n.
- A fuse wire is made of tin-bad alloy. It has high resistivity and low
Similar Post You May Like