Competence in Software Technology Exam (NCST) 2012 will be conducted by C-Dac Mumbai, as an entrance exam for students for taking admission to MCA course in leading colleges of our country. There is large number of students that compete for CST Exam every year for pursuing post graduate courses in computer applications. This exam has been started recently and it comprises of 3 separate levels.
Competence in Software Technology Exam (NCST) 2012 Eligibility Criteria:
- Bachelor?s degree in any stream with knowledge of computers.
- Diploma in Engineering with at least three years of formal education after the secondary or senior secondary level (Diploma should be recognised by central or state government).
- Bachelor?s degree in computer application or Information Technology
Structure for Competence in Software Technology Exam (NCST) 2012:
CST 2012 comprises of Multiple Choice Objective type questions that includes four options for every question. The time allotted for the exam is one hour.
- For every correct answer, 3 marks are given and for incorrect answer 1 mark is deducted.
- Questions cover the topics from following subjects.
- General Aptitude
- Computer Organization
- Operating Systems
- Data Structures and Algorithms
How to apply for Competence in Software Technology Exam (NCST) 2012:
There are two types of forms available for the candidates including Form A-1 and Form A-2.
Form A-1 : It is for those candidates who are appearing for CST exam for first time or who seek improvement in previous CST scores.
Form A-2 : It is filled by those candidates who would like take admission in other courses based on their CST-2010 score.
- Applicants can apply online by logging to the official website at http://cst.cdacmumbai.in
- Applicants can also apply online by visiting the C DAC locations at Kharghar-Navi Mumbai, Juhu-Mumbai, and Electronics City-Bengaluru.
- After the online submission of the form, the system assigns the registration number to each applicant. Applicants need to send DD for the exam fees along with three latest identical passport-size photographs to the C DAC Mumbai, office.
- Applicant should write his/her name, level of examination, and the registration number on the back of the Demand Draft. It is mandatory for the applicants to mention their name on the back of the photograph.
- The DD should be drawn in favour of ?C DAC Mumbai?, payable at Mumbai.
- Applicants who cannot apply online via website, they can download the form, get its printout and fill the form manually. The duly filled form should be submitted along with Demand Draft and 3 Photographs at C-DAC, Juhu, Mumbai.
Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC),
Gulmohar Cross Road No. 9,
Juhu, Mumbai-400049, India
Telephone Number: 022-26703251, 26201606, 26201488,
22024641, 22836924, 27565303/04/05, 27560013
Website URL: www.cdacmumbai.in