the aviation industry in one of the fastest growing industries. With
the Indian Government's Open Sky policy, many private players are
entering this field, creating huge opportunity. Playing a stellar role
in this sector are Aircraft Maintenance Engineers, who ensure that the
aircraft is in immaculate condition before take-off.
have to obtain a licence from the Director General of Civil Aviation
(DGCA), Government of India to become an Aircraft Maintenance
Engineering in the country. This course is not a degree course, but a
licence based course, to be imparted only by DGCA approved and
recognised institutes. The minimum eligibility criteria for getting
admission into any one of the institutes is 10+2 or equivalent with
Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Attractive scholarship to the tune
of Rs.60,000 per annum to deserving and meritorious students as well as
rebates in fee and other amenities for girl candidates are offered to
attract more and more young people.
is the limit for the hard working people in terms of salary and perks.
The remuneration starts at around Rs.20-40 thousands which can easily go
up to Rs.1.20 lakh per month.
Where To Study
- Indian Institutes of Aeronautics House No: 55, Punjabi Bagh (West), New Delhi-110 026
- Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur-831011
- Hindustan Institute of Aeronautics , 5, Temple View, (near Neori Mandir) Lalghati, Bhopal-462 332
- Bharat Institute of Aeronautics , Patna Airport, Patna-800014
- Indian Institute of Aeronautical Science , p-254, Jessore Road,Michael Nagar, Kolkata-743 296.